BIPOC Youth Leaders Internship, Spring 2023
Rogue Climate and the Rogue Action Center (RAC) are excited to offer the spring 2023 BIPOC Youth Leaders Internship for youth in the Rogue Valley aged 14-30 who identify as Black, Indigenous, and People of Color.
Apply by February 17th for the opportunity to attend weekly workshops, learn hands-on community organizing skills, and join local campaigns for climate and social justice. This eight week program runs from March 6th through April 28th, 2023. Workshops will include Community Organizing 101, Climate Justice, Power, Privilege and Oppression, Campaign Planning and more. Interns will also participate in organizing, planning, and outreach for a 2023 Earth Day event. No prior experience is necessary, and interns will recieve a stipend for their participation.
Please note that this internship is limited to 8 participants. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and early application is encouraged. Accepted applicants will be informed by February 24, 2023.
- Interns will commit to participating in the full 8 week program from March 6th through April 28th, 2023
- Interns will commit to working with Rogue Climate and the RAC for 3 – 4.5 hours a week. Organization hours will be flexible to accommodate school and work schedules!
- Workshops – 2.5 hours a week will be spent in a weekly Internship workshop with other interns to learn more about organizing, strategic planning, and social justice.
- Earth Day Event and Preparation: 0.5 – 2 hours a week will be spent developing organizer skills by participating in planning events or field organizing to include canvassing, outreach at community events, phone banking and group or class presentations
Interns will meet one to two times per week for Internship workshops and event prep at a time to be decided upon by the participants by February 24th. The workshop schedule is as follows:
- Orientation & Community Organizing 101
- Climate Justice
- Power, Privilege and Oppression
- Event Preparation
- Campaign Planning
- Closing Celebration
If you are interested in applying, please submit your application by February 17, 2023. Application forms can be found HERE, and once you submit we will follow up to schedule an interview!
The 2023 spring cohort is open to BIPOC youth aged 14-30 who live in the Rogue Valley. Information about our summer internship open to all youth in the Rogue Valley and South Coast will be available soon.
People of color, trans and gender nonconforming people, people from poor and working-class backgrounds, people with disabilities, and women are encouraged to apply.
Please note that this internship is limited to 8 participants. Accepted applicants will be informed by February 24, 2023.